WoW Down 2.9 million subs in Q1

1. 4 years ago

Haikus

6 May 2015 Raid Team

thoughts?

2. 16dots

6 May 2015 Raid Team
    Edited 4 years ago by 16dots

When I first came back to WOD, I brought back about 30 friends with me to resurrect my old guild, guess how many of them are still here today?

2 of em.

So I am not really surprised to see that number.

3. Haikus

6 May 2015 Raid Team

I'm really surprised with all their boasting about how much bigger the team for WoW became and how long they had at the end of MoP, that the game came out pretty shitty and didn't get polished til 6.1 balanced alot of classes.

4. Risinglight

6 May 2015 Administrator

Not surprised with the death of so many guilds.

5. Itakou

6 May 2015 Administrator

M-Blackhand, the subscriber count killer

6. Adeeoz

6 May 2015 Raid Team

all the irl casual players i know stopped playing in december when they hit 100

they just still have content creation problems, regardless of the size of their team

like what happened with that iron docks hub bullshit

7. Edited 4 years ago by Bluwolfe

@Itakou M-Blackhand, the subscriber count killer

I disagree, I imagine a strong portion of people even still around is due to raiding. BRF was an amazing release, but technically still part of the first content batch that was meant to ship with release

Its the lack of content anywhere else. The game came out just shy of half a year ago (Nov-13). For the last half a year, we're still in the same tier. Sure BRF is a separate raid, but its still one full tier of content that was staggered

Outside of raiding, what has been introduced in those 6 months? Nothing new in the PVP world (Given ashran has been a complete failure), and how many of us actually adventure outside our garrisons and warspear? Some minor Garrison changes, sure, but those just get wound in with logging in for 5 minutes to auto-run the facebook dailies

We're now approaching the same stalemate siege of ogrimmar had

8. Id also ask, if that number is 'Active reoccuring Credit Card Subs' or just 'Active Accounts'

I know I pulled my credit card off my account after the token released, making it look like a cancelled account

9. Haikus

6 May 2015 Raid Team

@Bluwolfe Id also ask, if that number is 'Active reoccuring Credit Card Subs' or just 'Active Accounts'

I know I pulled my credit card off my account after the token released, making it look like a cancelled account

Its people subbed atm, tokens weren't released until Q2 and if you stay subbed with the token it flags your account as subbed, the same way it does if you pay with game time cards.

10. Right, touche, this was even before the Token addition.

11. Light

6 May 2015 Raid Team

@Itakou M-Blackhand, the subscriber count killer

Divine Council - determined not to be a statistic. =P

12. Sanos

7 May 2015 Raid Team

adf

13. Sanos

7 May 2015 Raid Team

OH NOW I CAN POST HERE

14. Sanos

7 May 2015 Raid Team

As you already said our followers are the ones playing this expansion I'm honestly surprised that number isn't way higher

15. @Sanos As you already said our followers are the ones playing this expansion I'm honestly surprised that number isn't way higher

I suspect it will be in Q2. Maybe they dip down to 6 mil? I think the large portion of people who quit were the "OMG THIS IS LIKE VANILLA oh not it isnt /quit". Now the more dedicated people are going to taper off

16. Found this, all too perfect (From Alliance side WoD Quests)

http://gfycat.com/FlatCreepyCero

17. Adeeoz

8 May 2015 Raid Team

does that actually happen in-game? fucking alliance

or Sign Up to reply!