found this lol

1. ‹ Older
  2. 4 years ago

Bluwolfe

27 Apr 2015 Raid Team

@Haikus gdkp? way it works, you bid on gear, and iirc everyone gets a split of pot at end, even those that got carried.

Correct. However we could simply add a buy in for carries (since technically we'd be selling heroic blackhand). Downside is if gear drops that people dont want nor cant afford. Easier to set a wholesale cost. Less arguing or competing or people leaving if they dont get an item / etc (At least if they leave, we get a buy in)

3. 16dots

27 Apr 2015 Raid Team

@Swankyy The idea is to only sell the full run, and not single pieces/achievements. There is absolutely no money to be made that way.

Nah, it's only easier to organize, but if pieces of gear are put on blind bids, you can easily make a shit load more than the bulk sale that was suggested originally.

4. Swankyy

27 Apr 2015 Raid Team

@16dots Nah, it's only easier to organize, but if pieces of gear are put on blind bids, you can easily make a shit load more than the bulk sale that was suggested originally.

I highly doubt that. If you bring 20 carries and 5 buyers... do the math.

5. 16dots

27 Apr 2015 Raid Team
    Edited 4 years ago by 16dots

@Swankyy I highly doubt that. If you bring 20 carries and 5 buyers... do the math.

starting bids, min raise 2k-5k:
    10k per non-tier piece, 20k per tier piece, 35k per weapon, 35k per trinket.

Buyouts:
    50k per BH achievement.

6. Bluwolfe

27 Apr 2015 Raid Team

@16dots starting bids, min raise 2k-5k:
    10k per non-tier piece, 20k per tier piece, 35k per weapon, 35k per trinket.

Buyouts:
    50k per BH achievement.

Higher risk, higher reward. Risk being people do not want the items or refuse to buy in. If you only bring 5 people who need gear, chances are they try to avoid same armor set items (cloth,leather,mail,plate). Less competition means less overall gold income if people are buying for the base amount, and provided all items sell.

The only time these runs are worth it (that Ive seen) is when a super rare item drops that everyone wants.

Other advantage I could see here is Id try to bring my priest (if possible over my mage, depending on comp) and even buy to gear him up to keep him relevant for 6.2

7. Adeeoz

27 Apr 2015 Raid Team

i mean ive been carrying you guys through mythic already, you guys owe me literally millions of gold by now

pay up

8. Bluwolfe

27 Apr 2015 Raid Team

@Adeeoz i mean ive been carrying you guys through mythic already, you guys owe me literally millions of gold by now

pay up

Monthly Budget:
    Adeeoz Carry: 50,000g

DC Taxes for Adeeoz:

• -Guild Tag Tax: 5k
    • -Ning GPS / Dungeon Summon Tax: 5k
    • -Ventrilo Rental Tax: 10k
    • -Free Guild Repair / Flask Tax: 5k
    • -Professional Photography per Boss Kill Tax: 5k
    • -Haikus Application Sleuthing/Detective Services Tax: 5k
    • -Monk Tank Bat Rehabilitation Classes: 5k
    • -Beer Cost Thrown per fight: 10k (We went with Miller light, hence lighter aggro)
    • -Website Tax: -1g

Technically you owe us 1 gold per month
    The rest of us net out 0k or something like that

9. Haikus

27 Apr 2015 Raid Team

@Bluwolfe Monthly Budget:
    Adeeoz Carry: 50,000g

DC Taxes for Adeeoz:

• -Guild Tag Tax: 5k
    • -Ning GPS / Dungeon Summon Tax: 5k
    • -Ventrilo Rental Tax: 10k
    • -Free Guild Repair / Flask Tax: 5k
    • -Professional Photography per Boss Kill Tax: 5k
    • -Haikus Application Sleuthing/Detective Services Tax: 5k
    • -Monk Tank Bat Rehabilitation Classes: 5k
    • -Beer Cost Thrown per fight: 10k (We went with Miller light, hence lighter aggro)
    • -Website Tax: -1g

Technically you owe us 1 gold per month
    The rest of us net out 0k or something like that

+1

10. Adeeoz

28 Apr 2015 Raid Team

i can respect that

damn that website tax

11. Irsn

28 Apr 2015 Administrator

Im impressed, i think blue needs payment.

12. Marrel

28 Apr 2015 Raid Team

regarding selling runs, I've always thought of this as something we could do after 10/10M progression is done. By the time we kill mythic BH we will be able to full clear mythic in 1-2 nights and then could use the extra raid night as a heroic carry run.

Also, I like the idea of a 50/50 split between the gbank and raiders.

13. Adeeoz

28 Apr 2015 Raid Team

i think it should be 99% raiders unless its something the officers set up

14. Risinglight

I just don't understand how he can say it is backed by DC if he didn't have majority of the raid already in.

On the other hand, a ton of raiders could be conspiring and attempting to convince the rest.

15. Confirming that it is Phamtastik as the "one hunter" mentioned. He asked Charley if he was interested for selling heroic runs on Fridays @6pm. As far as I know, this guys' just dumb and using our name because we're pretty progressed on mythic.

16. Irsn

@leetheda Confirming that it is Phamtastik as the "one hunter" mentioned. He asked Charley if he was interested for selling heroic runs on Fridays @6pm. As far as I know, this guys' just dumb and using our name because we're pretty progressed on mythic.

whoa whoa whoa, thats fine entrepreneurship right there.

17. I've been part of many groups that sell things like heroic clears/mounts. I've seen a few things like 50/50 to guild/people in run. The best ones that ran a long time though were ones where every one split gold and person who set up everything ie spent countless hours spamming trade/forumns for buyers got an extra share. So if there was an officer who took tons of time to do everything and 10 people total in carry it would be split up 11 ways.

Would be interested in going if this ever happens. I'm either on WoW or D3 all the time any way.

18. Bluwolfe

28 Apr 2015 Raid Team

@Irsn Im impressed, i think blue needs payment.

I used to write news posts for my old guilds in the form of fake business letters or news story parodies

@shaank The best ones that ran a long time though were ones where every one split gold and person who set up everything ie spent countless hours spamming trade/forumns for buyers got an extra share.

So basically we're organizing a GTA Raid Heist

19. Marrel

28 Apr 2015 Raid Team

If we do ever set up a run I say we exclude whoever this guy is though. Just because he tried to use the guild name and say it was backed by guild raiders when it was clearly not. He'd probably be getting carried himself.

20. Irsn

@Marrel If we do ever set up a run I say we exclude whoever this guy is though. Just because he tried to use the guild name and say it was backed by guild raiders when it was clearly not. He'd probably be getting carried himself.

he never did say it was backed by us, just that some members were in it. Its not technically lying, but he knows what hes implying.

21. Marrel

28 Apr 2015 Raid Team

I mean he pretty heavily implied it by saying the run would be done by him and "members of Divine Council".
    Regardless, he's not even in the guild anymore... did he get booted or did he leave?

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!