FFXIV

1. 4 years ago

Swankyy

23 Apr 2015 Raid Team

Would anyone be down to give this game a try? I kinda wanna check it out. I know Blu is playing it on the side as well.

2. Bluwolfe

23 Apr 2015 Raid Team
    Edited 4 years ago by Bluwolfe

@Swankyy

I dont know if you saw my reply, was playing Hearthstone on my phone and its a royal pain to message in that.

Im playing on Balmung which is one of the most populated servers. If you want to create a character on there, you have to create it at 4AM (The server locks/unlocks character creation every 4 hours depending on logged on population, 4AM is the only window Balmung has to create toons).

If so, can get you into a large guild and help level a bit. The game auto-syncs levels and abilities based on requested dungeons

3. Adeeoz

23 Apr 2015 Raid Team

from what i recall, queuing for dungeons (which are required for story progression) was a huge fucking pain as dps, probably not as much an issue for tanks/healers.

ive been thinking of giving it a shot when the expac comes out

4. 16dots

24 Apr 2015 Raid Team

Can't handle more than 1 mmo, way too much work.

5. Irsn

24 Apr 2015 Administrator

i tried the beta, didn't like it. Witcher 3 is coming out, not enough hours in the day

6. Bluwolfe

24 Apr 2015 Raid Team
    Edited 4 years ago by Bluwolfe

@Adeeoz robably not as much an issue for tanks/healers.

ive been thinking of giving it a shot when the expac comes out

Its like WoW. 20-40m queues for DPS, insta for healer/tank. 4 man dungeons.

The fun advantage is you can just swap your weapon and you can become a tank, or a staff for a healer, or daggers for ninja etc. I love having every class/job on one toon. Also that being said, they have 2 types of subscriptions. $12 a month if you only use one character, or $15 for unlimited. I just sub for 12 since you dont need extras.

That being said, shitty downside is if its your FIRST TIME leveling, you need to do the main story. Its great (Think WOD/MOP leveling story with cutscenes). The story arc gives you the most XP, but it is also required to UNLOCK the dungeons. You cant queue for the dungeons otherwise (Kind of annoying, but you learn where the dungeons actually are if you ever need to zone in NING)

7. Xyraga

30 Apr 2015 Raid Team

I don't remember what server my monk was on. I know people shocking; an monk. Anyways is there really a Ninja class now blu? Last I played the pickings were rather... Lacking and the story stuff often or not left you stuck unless you had friends to play. ifrit, the bane of new players where you get to know whom is a dps scumbag and wastes your limit on aoe. That dam nail.

8. There is a Ninja class now, they play like a rogue it seems. I never had soloing issues and the story seems never ending

9. Xyraga

1 May 2015 Raid Team

Perhaps at some point I might start it up. I have to wait for my hours to get back up there. Just when I played, there was never really anyone on. Might have been the server I was on.

10. Adeeoz

1 May 2015 Raid Team

im still torn on giving this another try

i really hate that crazy gcd

and the mandatory dungeon queues

11. The crazy GCD changes per class. I think Ninja has a 1s global, where as summoner (warlock) that I play is 2.5s.

Mandatory dungeon queues skipped if you have a tank (aka Im rolling dark knight when it comes out)

Put it this way, the 3 of us are kinda hooked up GTAV at the moment, so until that dies down theres no point to subbing haha

12. Risinglight

1 May 2015 Administrator

As a FF fan, I'm in.

13. Adeeoz

1 May 2015 Raid Team

@Bluwolfe Mandatory dungeon queues skipped if you have a tank (aka Im rolling dark knight when it comes out)

i might do the same, maybe a healer? are they fun to play?

14. @Adeeoz i might do the same, maybe a healer? are they fun to play?

In all honesty, I havent tried.

The summoner can branch off to be a white mage if you change your jobs a bit. The new healer class works off 'fortune telling' or something. All I ever see is "Card Captor Sakura" is the new healer.

or Sign Up to reply!